Magna Golf Club Wedding
Magna Golf Club Toronto
Toronto wedding photographer
Absolutely stunning Magna Golf Club wedding at the exclusive Aurora Golf Course.
A little bit more about Aurora, Ontario:
“Lieutenant-Governor John Graves Simcoe gave the order for Yonge Street to be extended to Holland Landing in 1793, the first step toward the establishment of a community where Aurora now stands. Yonge Street opened between 1794 and 1796. In 1795, the first house in Aurora was built at Yonge St and Catherine Av. The government began granting deeds to land in 1797. By 1801 there were fourteen homes.
In 1804, Richard Machell became the first merchant at the crossroads of Yonge and Wellington and the hamlet soon became known as Machell’s Corners. Charles Doan was another early businessman at Machell’s Corners and became the first postmaster and later the first reeve. The post office was originally known as “Whitchurch”.:10 As postmaster, he was influential in renaming the village Aurora, after the goddess Aurora from Roman mythology.:10[a] Machell proposed to rename the town “Match-Ville”, ostensibly for the match factory in the town, but the name Aurora was more popular and ultimately chosen as the town’s name.:12 Flour and grist mills were built around 1827. With the coming of the railway in 1853, Aurora emerged as an important centre north of Toronto. The Fleury plough works foundry opened in 1859, making agricultural implements.
The settlement was incorporated as a village in 1863 with Charles Doan as the first reeve. Records from 1885 describe Aurora as the “largest village in the county” an “enterprising and stirring business community” with several factories and mills, five churches, a school house with 210 students, and two weekly newspapers. The population in 1881 was 1540. The population reached 2,107 by 1888.
Aurora is noted for preserving its historical built form and in 2008 was awarded The Prince of Wales Prize for Municipal Heritage Leadership. In 2009 the town received the Lieutenant Governor’s Ontario Heritage Award for Community Leadership in heritage conservation and promotion.
On April 8, 2010, the town re-opened the historic and fully renovated Church Street School as the Aurora Cultural Centre.
Sourced from: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aurora,_Ontario